Sycamore Rose – Block 1

Block 1Sycamore Rose - Block 1

As promised, here is the pattern for  Sycamore Rose – Block 1.

All patterns finish at 14″.  So I cut the background squares at 16″ and will trim it down to 14-1/2″ after the applique is done.

For this block, you will need approximate scraps as follows if you’re making it in the Pink/Brown colorway.

• Medium Pink:   (one) 6-1/2″ square of Medium Pink #1 for Rose bottom and (three) 2 x 3-1/2″ rectangles of Medium Pink #2 for tulip centers
  • Dark Pink:    (one) 4-1/2″ square for Rose top
  • Light Pink:  (one) 5-1/2″ square of Light Pink #1 for Rose middle and (three) 3-1\2″x3-1/2″ squares of Light Pink #2 for tulip bases
  • Gold:  (two) 2-1/2″ squares for Rose center and Stem base.

I hope you give it a try and let me see what you do with it!

Happy New Year to you and may it bring many blessings to  your doorstep wherever you may be!

God bless,

Christy

1. Willene Kill says:

Thank you…I Am delighted to take part! Happy New Year!
    Willene

1. cburdy says:

Thanks, Willene! I’d be so thrilled to be doing this with someone else! Happy New Year!

2. Lorraine Roudon says:

Where are the templates for the design?

1. cburdy says:

Hi Lorraine,
      If you look closely, the words “Sycamore Rose – Block 1” should be underlined. Just click it and it will take you to the PDF file with the templates. If you have any more problems email me privately and I’ll send you the file. cburdy at outlook dot com

3. Brenda Sutter says:

Thank you for making this a free BOM pattern, This looks lovely and easy enough. I cant wait to make this.

1. cburdy says:

Thank you, Brenda. It is a joy for me to do it!

4. Reminds me of a friend who loves Ellie S.

1. cburdy says:

Thank you so much!!

5. Nancy Zornes says:

I absolutely love that gorgeous block,CBURDY! Happy New Year!!

6. Linda Smith says:

CBURDY…you are amazing. I would LOVE to have a quilt with this pattern, but I will never make one….Gorgelous!

7. Yasmin says:

Muchas gracias por compartir. Feliz 2014.
    Yasmin

8. Denise Edwards says:

Hi Cburdy, I’d love to join up with what looks like a beautiful quilt, but I cannot seem to download the templates. I did look for the underlined Block I, but no can do. No underlining to be seen. Denise from Sydney Australia

9. Thanks for this BOM. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!

1. cburdy says:

Thank you so much!

10. What a gorgeous quilt!! Sew very generous of you to share!!
    P

1. cburdy says:

Thank you so much!!

11. fran says:

The block is lovely. Do you let us know when block 2 is available or do we just go to the site and hopefully remember to look in Feb New to this so not sure how this works.

1. cburdy says:

If you choose to follow the site, you will receive an email letting you know when a new post is published. As a general rule, new blocks will be posted on the first of each month.

1. cburdy says:

I’m sorry for the trouble! It should open up when you click on the bold pink “Sycamore Rose – Block 1” in the body of the text, then you can save it to your computer. I’ve sent you an email with more information.

12. Judy Stone says:

Hi Christy- beautiful block and the quilt will be gorgeous. Thank you!!

13. rosemarie says:

thank you for the free bom. it’s a beautiful pattern and i’m looking forward to sitting down and relaxing with my sewing.

1. cburdy says:

Thank you! Nothing beats a day when all I have to do is sew. It would be nice if dishes and laundry washed themselves. lol

14. Frances says:

how do we get all the patterns? Your design is lovely. looking forward to making it. Thank you so very much.

1. cburdy says:

Hi Frances,

The patterns are posted on the first of each month. If you follow this link http://cburdy.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/sycamore-rose-block-1/ you can print January’s pattern. Just click on the bold pink “Sycamore Rose – Block 1” and it should open a PDF file with the pattern and templates. The second pattern will be posted February 1st.

Christy > Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 20:45:03 +0000 > To: cburdy@outlook.com >

1. Frances says:

Thank you Christy I don’t have a website or blog & don’t want to create one. I am kind of stupid on this PC. I just know how to point to things I want to see. I don’t even know how to send an e-mail. My son explained it but it still does not register. Sorry to be a bother. That is why I am leaving the reply here. Thank you very much for understanding. Looking forward to Feb. 1st.
        Frances