Lancaster Co., Block 1

Block 1
fraktur - No Pane

Lancaster Co., block 1  is available for download.  The block measures 14.5″ finished.  I generally cut the background blocks about 16.5″ square to account for any shrinkage during stitching, then trim down to the cut size of 15″ after the applique is done.  I’m going scrappy with the backgrounds using Kim Diehl’s Butter Churn Collection of neutrals for the background.  I found it at Keepsake Quilting .  They’re just wonderful!

The quilt finishes at 77″ x 92.5″

Fabric Requirements –

Background -5 yards total (based on a initial cut size of 16.5″ for your blocks plus the 1.5 yards needed for the center block.

Sashing – 2.25 yards Black

Outer Border – 2.5 yards Red

Outer Border (letters) 1.5 yards Black

Assorted fat quarters for applique.  I chose a variety of reds, golds, blues, greens and blacks.

Let’s get the new year rolling with a new pattern to enjoy!

Happy Stitching,

Christy

1. Nancy Wood Zornes says:

As always, I love this. I love you feeling for color and your creativity. I don’t know where you got that talent, but I sure wish I had gotten it too!  Love you so much!!  From: Sycamore Hill Quilts To: woodnotes02@yahoo.com Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2015 2:44 PM Subject: [New post] Lancaster Co., Block 1 #yiv6725327029 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv6725327029 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv6725327029 a.yiv6725327029primaryactionlink:link, #yiv6725327029 a.yiv6725327029primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv6725327029 a.yiv6725327029primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv6725327029 a.yiv6725327029primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv6725327029 WordPress.com | cburdy posted: ” Lancaster Co., block 1  is available for download.  The block measures 14.5″ finished.  I generally cut the background blocks about 16.5″ square to account for any shrinkage during stitching, then trim down to the cut size of 15″ after” | |

1. cburdy says:

Thanks, Mom. I love you!!

2. Norma says:

Thank you for sharing with us!

3. Susan says:

Thank you! I reminded my readers on QuiltBOM.wordpress.com about the start!

1. cburdy says:

Thank you, Susan! It’s much appreciated!!

4. Martamesa says:

Hola me encantaría hacer este bello travajo

1. cburdy says:

Muchas gracias y bienvenida

5. Hi Christy,
    Just a thought about the wording surrounding the centre blocks, do you have any other sayings or maybe an alphabet available for those wishing to put their own stamp on it? Love this quilt already, and looooove your choice of scrappy background fabric too. Thankyou for sharing with us, Happy New year Xox

1. cburdy says:

Hi Kelly,

Yes, the whole alphabet (capital and lower case) will be provided so you can write whatever you choose. I’ll include it with the border instructions for that month.
      Thanks,
      Christy

6. This is a beautiful quilt. I have already brought the center block and printed out the first block. The colors are just beautiful. I am from Pennsylvania and very excited about doing this…wish me luck.

1. cburdy says:

Thank you! What a wonderful compliment. Happy stitching!

7. Fleurette says:

Wow! Another beautiful design. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Looking forward to your needle turn tutorial.