Longmeadow Block 2

month-to-monthRight

Hi everyone,

Block 2 is up and ready to download.

I learned the meaning of despair last week when I grabbed a permanent marker instead of my Frixion pen to draw placement lines on the background.  It all worked out in the end, fortunately, but the frustrated groan brought my husband to me from the other side of the house.  He’s a good guy who sympathized with me even though he didn’t quite understand it. I am much more careful now about what I pick up to draw with.

I hope you all have a blessed week ahead!

Christy

1. cburdy says:

Thank you for the link! I found the comments as interesting as the article itself. I’m going to try the ultra clean crayola washable markers and see if they are more washable than the Frixion pens I chose. I don’t quilt for competition, but would be embarrassed just the same if all the lines came back and told the truth about how inaccurate my sewing is. lol Again, thanks for the link!

1. Susan says:

I’m so glad it all worked out, but how frustrating that would be, I can only imagine! This is a block I can imagine making all by itself and hanging at the top of the stairs, or on the wall next to the bathroom mirror, or anywhere there’s a small space that needs beautifying. Thank you!

1. cburdy says:

Thanks Susan. I think the size and orientation of this block would make it a great addition to pretty-up any little odd wall spaces.

2. Debbie says:

Christy, I’m sorry that happened! A friend of mine did the same thing, but had to start over with hers.

Beautiful pattern, as usual! Thanks!

1. cburdy says:

Thanks, Debbie. I was determined to make it work as I did not want to re-applique all 50 leaves again! lol In the end it came out fine, so crisis was averted for the moment. I am much more careful now about where I place things when I’m quilting so that they don’t get mixed up. Lesson learned.

1. Debbie says:

Oh, man, I wouldn’t want to re-applique 50 leaves again, either!! So glad you were able to work it out.

3. Pam says:

Christy, thank you for being so generous with your designs. I love them. I use the .05 width Frixion pen – it makes such a very fine line. I try to make sure the lines are all covered by the applique–or nearly so. Then if there is any shadowing, it will be hidden by the quilting.

1. cburdy says:

Hi Pam! I’m not completely turned off of using Frixion pens yet as I really like the convenience of them. But I might reconsider using them on quilts I was gifting.

4. halejm says:

Thank you so much for the pattern! You design such beautiful pieces.

5. Beverly C. says:

I’m loving working on this quilt. I’m a little slow – still working on block 1 – all those leaves threw me for a loop, but I’m getting into the flowers now and can’t wait for block 2 to start. Thanks so much for being so generous. I love the center block also.

1. cburdy says:

Thank you! Yes, there are a lot of leaves. lol I’m so glad you’re enjoying putting this together!

6. Valinda K. says:

Is there someplace people are posting their finished blocks ?

1. cburdy says:

You can post them at Flickr or On the Sycamore Hill Quiilts FAcebook page. I’d love to see what you’re working on! Please share!

7. dominica48 says:

Hola, llevo un tiempo sin revisar mi correo y aunque se que voy a encontrar todos sus correos, voy a preguntarle lo evidente ¿a comenzado uno nuevo trabajo? ya se que es así pues va por la segunda entrega, por lo que doy por hecho que el central esta a la venta, por favor me puede dar los datos para poderlo comprar, gracias.

Saludos desde España

8. cburdy says:

Sí, el nuevo edredón se llama “Longmeadow”. El bloque central está a la venta aquí:
    https://patternspot.com/search?keywords=longmeadow y el primer bloque está aquí:

9. Betsy says:

I can’t find the center block of this lovely bom. I just saw it posted , I hope I didn’t miss it

1. cburdy says:

You didn’t miss it! You can find it here at patternspot.